The SunField Projects
The SunField projects consist of 17 solar installations located on properties in southwestern Ontario and on Manitoulin Island. Each installation consists of a dual-axis tracker, a 10 kW photovoltaic array of mono-crystalline panels, and two 5kW inverters. Each SunField will generate approximately $15,000 in revenues per year and creates an extra revenue stream for local landowners. Our construction partners for the SunField projects were reputable and experienced firms, Advanced Green Tecnhology (AGT) and Penguin Power. All SunField systems were commissioned by June 2011.
* Generation in the first year - production then decreases about 0.5% annually due to slight degradation of the solar panels
How much power is that?
- Enough to power over 35 homes
- Offsets over 198 tonnes of CO2
Or, the energy of:
- Driving 288,420 Km in an average vehicle
- The energy of 200 barrels of oil or almost 2640 tanks of propane
- Planting 23,760 acres of forest.
| Technical Specifications (per site) |
| Solar technology ||Polycrystalline Photovoltaic |
| Solar module (panel) ||REC 230PE, Renewable Energy Corporation, Norway |
| # of panels ||52 |
| Module efficiency ||13.9% |
|Capacity ||11.98 kW DC, 10 kW AC |
| Panel degradation ||0.5% /year |
| # of inverters || 2 |
| Inverter model || Sunny Boy SB 5000 U-240, SMA Solar Technology, Germany |
| Inverter kW ||10 kW |
| Tracker || Dual axis, MecaSolar, Spain |
| Live monitoring || Cachelon SolarVu |
| Feed-in Tariff rate || Micro FIT, $0.802 |