About the Bond
Community Solar Bonds deliver triple-bottom line returns to members, offering economic social, and environmental benefits. The bonds are backed by 20-year government agreements under Ontario's Feed-in Tariff program and are secured by mortgages on title. Your $1,000 - $25,000 Bond is invested in lower-risk, already built solar photovoltaic systems that are managed by a team of experts. Join the "community power" movement, where your membership and investment in the co-op helps to deploy more renewable energy and democratize Ontario's energy system.
- Secured $1,000 bonds (max $25,000)
- 5% annual return
- 5 year term
- One-time $40 co-op membership
- One vote per co-op member
How it Works:
- "Bridge" financiers provide risk capital to build solar project
- Solar project is constructed using local content and labour
- The co-op offers Community Solar Bonds to members in order to buy out the bridge investors.
- Remainder of profits feed into new projects and community